Monday, November 09, 2009

Forgetting...

After a few days of stomach problems, wondering if I might have a bug of some sort, the light gradually dawned that it was more likely what used to be called "nervous stomach." I think it basically is a result of forgetting the One who rules and reigns over ALL. OVER ALL the various circumstances that are part of my life right now.

Anxiety is not fun. It may be as simple as "nervous stomach" or a flat-out panic attack or anywhere in between.

Anxiety starts to wrap its tentacles around our heart ever so gradually through wrong thinking, worrisome thinking and fearful thinking ~ in other words, not God's thoughts. The "What-ifs" and "If-onlys" become more common than rehearsing the truths of God.

We forget.....I forgot....

My God reigns.

My God SOVEREIGNLY reigns.

My God is good.

My God is for me.

My God is in the process of conforming me to the image of Jesus Christ.

My God is working redemptively in my situation.

As I stood under the stars one chilly fall evening, I was reminded that He holds each star in place and calls it by name.

Psalm 147:4 He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names.

Jeremiah 31:35 Thus says the LORD, who gives the sun for light by day and the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar- the LORD of hosts is his name...

If He created, named and sustains every star in the universe - He can handle my problems.

How about yours?

Diane

No comments: