Tuesday, November 17, 2009

HE WILL BE TRUE TO HIS WORD

I have experienced more illness in the past few months than I have in the past ten years. With the illness came feelings of loneliness, frustration, weakness, and futility. I felt my prayers were not reaching the ceiling, let alone God. After a night of pacing the floor and crying out in pain, I prayed, "Dear Jesus, Please let me hear Your voice today. As I see it, first I need to call my pastors to prayer. Help me know how to do that. Second, I need a good doctor as my champion. Please lead Glen and me. Please show me what to do and how to do it. Please bring people to me."

Within an hour of that prayer, God brought a pastor and his wife to my door. I burst into tears and said, "I just told God I needed someone to pray for me, and I need a good doctor contact." The pastor prayed for me, and the wife called her clinic and had an appointment for me that afternoon! (It was a Friday, and the normal wait time for an appointment was over a month!)

Later that day I heard God's directions very clearly as He guided me to look over my e-newsletter mailing list. I was able to identify 16 ordained ministers. I wrote them all immediately and asked them to pray for me. The Lord had answered my prayer and had shown me how to call my pastors (all 16 of them) to prayer.

God reminded me of this verse, "My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, my power is made perfect in you" (2 Corinthians 12:9, NCV).

Are you feeling weak, lonely and frustrated? Turn to Jesus. Tell Him how you are feeling. He promises to hear us and to take action. "Call to me and I will answer you...." (Jeremiah 33:3, NIV).

MWH

No comments: