Thursday, November 05, 2009

HE WILL ALWAYS USE ME

Have you ever felt completely sidelined and totally useless for the Lord or for anyone else? This past summer, I spent a better part of the summer in our rig, not feeling well enough to participate in the conference activities. A little variety was added to this confinement by four visits to the ER in Toms River. I counted up, and during that time of illness, I saw ten (count 'em, 10) different doctors. My experience culminated with a four-day stay in the hospital. I remember sitting there thinking, "How in the world did I get here?" Talk about feeling alone and isolated!

Surely God needed me at Keswick. Surely the Colony of Mercy needed me. But there I was, stuck in a body that was extremely pain-filled and confined to a hospital where few people understood my frustration.

But as I look back, I realize that God used me, even in the hospital. He promised that He would. "Your work in the Lord is never wasted" (1 Cor. 15:58 NCV).

God brought to my mind the doctors, nurses, and patients who learned of my faith in God and our work at Keswick as well as the Keswick people with whom I was able to share what God was doing in my life during my set-aside time.

Have you ever felt your life or your talents were being wasted? Trust in God. He has a plan for you. "If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you...-that is the way to keep going in our personal lives. Where we are placed is a matter of indifference; God engineers the goings."1

Marilyn Heavilin

1 Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, (Westwood, NJ, Barbour and Company, Inc., 1963) 214-215.

No comments: