Friday, August 04, 2006

Being Prepared

I just finished reading a devotion and in it the author made reference to "being prepared". After reading it I paused and asked myself the question he raised, "Are my documents in order?"
You know, just like one needs a passport to enter this country or some valid proof of citizenship, anyone seeking to entrance heaven will need the right documents.

As I sit here in the lobby of my hotel, watching shuttle after shuttle come and go, picking up passenger after passenger, my mind drew a picture.
Instead of an airport shuttle bus exclusively for this hotels guest, what if that bus was my way to heaven and to board I needed to show proof that I was a citizen. Would I have the right documents? In other words, would I be prepared?"

'"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father (God) except through me."' --John 14:6

My proof of citizenship is Jesus. His Way! His Truth! His Life! I praise God that it is not dependent on me doing more good things than bad things; belonging to the right and best church; evangelizing a certain number of people; saying enough Hail Mary's and Our Father's; bowing before the sun or a wall a certain number of times a day or year; being happy, happy, happy all the time, or any other thing.

It's His Way, His Truth, and His Life alone and I fervently praise God that it aint up to anyone or anything else.

Dear one, are you ready? Are you prepared? Is Jesus believed, accepted and known by you? Is your life marked by His Truth and no other truth?
If so, take the time to praise Him today with renewed passion and thanksgiving.
If not, incline your ear and listen for His call on your life, run into His outstretched arms and receive The Way.

Stephanie

No comments: