Wednesday, August 16, 2006

He KNOWS ALL

On a whim, I recently decided to put my name into the computer search engine and see how often it appeared on the web. Would you believe, twenty-five pages popped up, filled with my name. At first I was so impressed with my apparent fame, but then I began to wonder what everyone said. Was it negative or positive? As I hurried through the pages, I was so relieved to see all of the comments were positive, but I also realized there certainly is no privacy on the internet.
I remember a friend said he wasn't going to register for e-mail because he wanted to protect his privacy. Just to prove a point, I entered his name, and up popped his unlisted address and phone number with an offer on the screen to provide a map to his home! I admit the internet is certainly the "Tell all" of this generation.
Then my mind moved on to the heavenly realm. God is bigger than any computer. He KNOWS ALL. There are no secrets with Him. Scripture says there is a time when good and bad works will be displayed for all to see. "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad" (Revelation 20:11). Wouldn't you like to have a delete button that day? Let us live in such a way that we don't have to worry about what will be revealed, no secrets, no pretense. Aren't you glad the Lord promised when we confess our sins, He will remember them no more? "For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jeremiah 31:34).

Our delete button is this: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

Marilyn Heavilin

No comments: