Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Did you ever just have a YUCKY day?

Did you ever just have a YUCKY day?

The day started in a normal way...coming in to work today after being off for two days and I was excited about being back and jumping back in. Well, as you can tell from the title it seemed that all my phone calls I answered were strange, odd and unusual. Then after chatting with a few people the day seemed to become more difficult. Then I received an email that was the icing on the cake.

This could probably describe most anyone's day at home, work or school. I had to take a moment to pray that God would keep my words kind and my attitude in check. Did you ever just want to yell at everyone because you were having a bad day? Maybe we feel that if we are having a bad day then everyone needs to also.

I came across someone else having the same type of day. It is amazing how when we are in these situations we want to have every one join in with us. Woe... (I had to stop myself, smile at this person and politely walk away). This could have been a bad moment and a time for Satan to jump in where he does not need to be. Two Christians comparing the stuff of the day can turn into a bad situation.

On that same day I also received another email...titled, " Do you encourage each staff member, each day?" from the Christian Chamber of Commerce (Steve Marr, Business Proverbs, Daily Wisdom for the Workplace). This saved the day!! The scripture listed was

Hebrews 3:13, NASB

"...encourage one another day after day..."

So I decided to email someone that had done a great job over the weekend and send them some encouragement. Also, I found two other people and did a kind deed for them.

I am a big advocate of encouragement...maybe I need it more than most. But I tell you a kind word, smile, hug (not my favorite), a little note, an offer to get a cup of coffee etc...can make a persons day.

I did find that it I turned my day around when I encouraged someone. Since the Lord has instructed us to encourage one another, we should be doing this often.

What a way to make my day seem brighter....to see someone get a smile from encouragement that I passed on to them. I made a point the rest of the day that I was not giving into my yucky day and that I would look for opportunities to bring a smile to someone face.

Psalm 37:7

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Lynn

No comments: