Thursday, August 17, 2006

A KIND word... a lost art.

A KIND word... a lost art.

"...encourage one another day after day..." Hebrews 3:13, NASB

WOW, is this a thing in the PAST...have we forgotten how to share a kind word. I don't know if something is in the air lately or not, but kind words are not.

You know the saying if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. My mother drilled that in our heads growing up. She also taught us to put our selves in someone else's place to try and understand why they do what they do etc....

Within the past 2 weeks I have had 2 times where someone give me "the finger" (not sure how to say that more politely). I have had people makes jokes in front of me at someone else's expense. I have even walked around just at the supermarket witnessing things that I can not believe.

I am now even seeing this in the Christian circles....Sisters, please be kind one to another.

"...encourage one another day after day..." Hebrews 3:13, NASB
Proverbs 12:25 (New International Version)
"An anxious heart weighs a man down,
but a kind word cheers him up."
Titus 2:5 (New International Version)
"to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind"
Zechariah 1:13 (New International Version)
"So the LORD spoke kind and comforting words..."
I guess some of us (if you are like me) need kind words spoken. Did you ever notice when you ask someone something with a kind word and voice that they are so willing to work with you and help you.
The older I get the more I see how kind words can make or break a situation. I really don't think that any of us want to be spoken to in harsh words yet we tend to speak this way to our fellow brothers and sisters. Let's not forget that our husbands and children are also our brothers and sisters in Christ. I heard a speaker refer to this one time and it made me think twice on how I speak to my sons (brothers in Christ) even when discipline needs to take place.
Share a kind word with someone today and build them up.

Lynn

No comments: