Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sitting in the other seat.....

Sitting in the other seat.....

Daniel 2:21 (New International Version)
"He changes times and seasons..."

I am learning lessons in life as I get older and life just is moving on. It is amazing when we are in the "Drivers" seat what we see and how we handle ourselves but ask us to move over and what happens? Well recently I have had to move over....yes my oldest is now driving and life has moved us to this point and moved me over. I see things from such a new perspective.

When I was in "control" and I was driving and making the choices I had a sense of confidence, control and peace. My life was under my control. Now I had to give this up and let my son take control (or at least a little), he needs to make the choices and my sense of confidence and peace is just not the same.

When you are in "control" you have a different vision of things also. I see certain signs, road blocks, situations on the road etc....and now that I am in the passenger seat I see more of the beauty of the road, a new store just put up or different signs that I didn't realize that were even there before.

Being the only driver in our home for 20 years put me in the situation of having to take charge many times. Now this role is somewhat changing for me and I am not liking it very much.

While driving the other day my son was coming closer to a railing then I felt comfortable with....then I realized that he was driving correctly but it was just that I was sitting in a different seat and it made the railing seem closer.

Now where am I going with all this? The Lord puts us in many seats in our life time. There will be times that we are in the driver's seat and need to be in charge, and then again other times in the passenger seat where we need to rely on someone else to take charge for a while.

As we walk or drive in our Christian life we need to be confident and at peace in both seats. The Lord moves us around for His purpose and He will give us the confidence, peace, wisdom to make the right choices etc....if we rely on Him and Him alone to fill these needs in our life.

When you are coming to close to the railing....just remember that maybe God has just moved you over for a while and that the railing is really in the same spot as before but your perspective is just different.

Ask God to move you over to the other seat from time to time. Change is a good thing and a new perspective is a good thing too.
Jeremiah 18:4 (New International Version)
"But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him."
Lynn

No comments: