Friday, August 11, 2006

He Is...He Answers

He Is...He Answers

When life throws you a fire engulfed curve ball, it's a solid opportunity to stop everything and pay attention to something.
My life and that of my family has received such a thing about a month ago. It was like a hammer blow to my mind and heart. I wanted to scream. In fact, I think I did. My mind was instantly flooded with questions -all of which, (none of which) I could answer.

What are we to do then? What was I to do? Where do we run? Who do we talk to, cry to or cry on for that matter?

It really goes without saying, (but I'm gonna anyway) that we go to God who can, does and will answer every question. It may be with a 'yes', a 'no', a 'wait'; or sometimes a simple 'trust me', but He always answers. He is, after all, LOVE.

I Corinthians 13 gives us all the words ever needed to define love. And so, God, being LOVE would never "dis" us and leave us without an answer...even if, His response is a gentle shush, the distraction of a glorious mountain vista, sunset on the bay, or rose scented wind kissing your sense of smell...He answers.

And yes, even in stillness - He answers. Any lack of discernable movement does not mean God isn't around or that He isn't aware. He is. He simply...Is!

If it were not true you wouldn't be reading this Victory Call from me. By now, I'd have curled up in a fetal ball and given up. But being His child compels me to cry out to the God who alone is hope and by grace alone receive the ability to cope with everything...even this.

Romans 15:13 encourages us with these words:
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."

Thus, the something, (the Someone) that I am paying closer attention to is God. He is My Shepherd. Though I walk in this valley of uncertainty, I will fear nothing because He is with me.

Stephanie

No comments: