Thursday, August 03, 2006

Your word has given me life

Remember the word to Your servant, upon which you have caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your word has given me life. Psalm 119:49-50

Unless we have nurtured a delight in God's word, it seems to be the last thing we want to do when we are troubled. Why is it our propensity to see the Word of God as a last resort rather than as our first resort?
I remember being a new believer going through suffering. I had a notebook with numerous Scriptures, yet as I looked at them, they brought me no comfort; they were as words on the page. I had little experience with believing God's Word or knowing His faithfulness to me personally. Now many years later years of ups and downs, trials and peace, failures and victories, I have, to some degree, nurtured a love and passion for the Word of God. I still have far to go but I do resonate with the last sentence of our days verse. The Word is a comfort in my affliction, and His word has given me life.
What are you doing today to nurture a delight in His Word?

Diane

No comments: