Friday, September 22, 2006

Criticism

All of us have a tendency, some more than others, to be critical. We often excuse it by saying...."I am perceptive" or "I have insight" or "I can size a person, situation or circumstance very quickly"....thus I can express what I think and feel.

The Word of God has some things to say about the tongue (that member of the body that does the criticism). In James 1:26, "If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridle not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain." KJV

It is good to take inventory of your tongue.....if it is a problem confess it to Him. Then ask for His control over that tiny member that can cause so much trouble....Satan loves to use it, but God wants and can control it....this is up to you....a decision of your will. Will you allow Him to do that?

Criticism
Questions:
C --- What would Christ say regarding.....the
person, situation or circumstance?

R --- What was my response....to the person, situation
or circumstance?
reaction or response?

I --- Am I critical so that I may look better in the
eyes of others?

T --- Is My tongue one of a critical nature?

I --- Am I afraid that my self image will be hurt, thus
putting others down and elevating
myself?
C ---How can I be critical of others when there are stones in my life?
I --- Am I insecure and become critical of individuals, situations, and circumstances, thus looking for areas where I can be praised?

Z --- Do I zero in on the non-essentials of situations,
circumstances and others ?

E ---Do I evaluate/judge situations, circumstances and
others unjustly/unfairly?

If this area is a problem in your life....remember God wants to take control of every aspect of your life....that includes our tongue. James 3rd chapter.

b. shoppy

No comments: