Thursday, September 07, 2006

Enjoying this free, exciting gift

A few months ago my husband surprised me with a wonderful gift. I have thanked him repeatedly, almost every time we take it for a drive. He said that it was all worth it when he saw the surprise on my face and my reaction to such a gift.
One night as we were driving to the boardwalk for a walk, I thanked him once again. The following conversation ensued:
D: "I am really enjoying this"
J: "I'm enjoying it just as much."
D: "I doubt it, how can that be?"
J: "I'm just really enjoying watching you enjoy yourself."

HMMMMMMM.

You may recall a Victory Call I wrote a few months ago about Jesus enjoying the benefits of His labor-- 6.29.06. My husband's comment caused me to picture Jesus enjoying watching us enjoy our salvation. Enjoying this free, exciting gift which He has given us - eternal life with Him. As a believer we are saved, redeemed, cleansed, justified, adopted, chosen, empowered, freed, and forgiven among many other things. Are you enjoying your salvation? Are you thanking Jesus regularly for such a wonderful gift? Is Jesus enjoying watching you enjoy His gift to you?

He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied." Isaiah 53:11

Diane

No comments: