Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Remember Me...

Remember Me...

This past week I lost two people in my life. One was a mother of two young children and the other a friend and encourager. As a reviewed their lives simultaneously there were definite characteristics that they both shared in common.

1. Both were called home suddenly and without warning.
2. They were faithful servants content to be "hidden heroes"
3. They served willingly in quietness and without needing all the frills and fanfare.
4. Both were dedicated to ministry and family above wealth and belongings.
5. Each exhibited in their own way a genuine love for God.

I could keep going on and on, but I will stop here and ask myself and you... How will we be remembered? More than ever I want to be remembered for serving my Lord, being there for others and pointing people to Christ. At times in my life, I have stated those goals, but to be honest I did not necessarily mean it. Today, I want to mean it and work towards showing it. Oh, to be remembered for what I have done for Christ and not just a list of jobs and accomplishments.

How about you? What can and will be said about you? How do you want to be remembered?

LDJ

No comments: