Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stubborn as a mule.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. Do not be like the horse or like the mule, which have no understanding, Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle..." Psalm 32:8-9

Stubborn as a mule.
God has promised guidance to His children. Too often we don't like where He's taking us and we dig in our heels. Often in counseling, a person will explain their situation and talk all around a problem until it is apparent to me that they already know the answer to the problem. They come to me hoping there is a different answer because they don't like the one they have.
Perhaps you are more prone to rebellion, a spirit of refusal to do what God has guided you to do. I've been there. At the time I knew it was rebellion, in that moment I wanted what I wanted more than I wanted what God wanted.
God does not force us, He guides us, implores us, woos us and empowers us to follow His guidance. He delights when we follow willingly.

Is there any area of your life that you are being stubborn as a mule?

Diane

No comments: