Tuesday, September 05, 2006

God's Provision

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.1 Peter 3:15-16

You may recall a few weeks ago I shared about the gift from my Heavenly Father of a new-to-me car. God's provision for me has been perfect. And the story goes on: Upon receiving a new car I sold my old car. It wasn't for much but it was definitely a help financially. In addition it was an opportunity for witness. The young couple that purchased it didn't seem to know the Lord but they knew where I lived and worked. When it came time to sign over the title the husband asked me if I could put a different price down than what they paid so he could avoid paying the taxes. I said I couldn't lie and put down the wrong amount. He didn't look very pleased with me but his wife appreciated my honesty since I had explained to them what I was aware the car would need before they purchased it. I saw the disappointed look on her husband's face and felt I had to say something. I said; "You know, I told you the truth, to the best of my knowledge, about the condition of the car I just sold you. Tonight I can lay my head down to sleep knowing I did what was right. I have always found that blessing follows truth." By the time we were done his wife was blessing me! It's amazing to me how the enemy can come in and with one "small" compromise mar the name of a believer, the Lord Himself and a ministry. What if I had lied? What does that say about me, about Keswick, about Jesus? How could I ever tell them about Him? By not compromising my testimony I believe I did tell them about Him.

Dina

No comments: