Monday, September 04, 2006

Praying for a Post Card.....

Praying for a Post Card.....
Psalm 17:6 (New International Version) "I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer."
Have you ever wondered how someone is doing and a day or two later you got a postcard in the mail saying..."Hello", Just wanted to drop you a line to let you know we are in Florida having a wonderful time". Or maybe you just get a postcard out of the blue saying "Just wanted to drop you a line to say hey and see how you were doing."

Isn't it a real treat to get a post card. Some people love them so much that they collect them. What is it about postcards? A little piece of cardstock with a picture or saying on it and a very short note about something - oh how this makes us so happy!

Many times in my life I have prayed for something and wondered what was happening regarding that particular something. One day while I was praying I was getting frustrated in waiting for my answer (now we are not to get frustrated with the Lord and yes there are times He will make us wait) but I asked Him to send me a postcard at that time in my life I needed a little hope, light, encouragement or direction - I needed a postcard.

Ever since that day when I am in need of a little encouragement, some direction or some light at the end of the tunnel, I ask the Lord to send me a postcard.

I have shared this with many women and they have been encouraged by this. I think we all know the feeling of needing just a few words to help us keep going.

How is your prayer life? Do you talk to the Lord often? Does He know the desires of your heart (of course He already knows) but have you verbally shared them with Him.

When I pray and then ask for a postcard I just can't wait to get one from the heavenly mail system now....it is really awesome to see the little notes that He sends my way.

Ask for a post card today.
2 Samuel 7:27 (New International Version)
"O LORD Almighty, God of Israel, you have revealed this to your servant, saying, 'I will build a house for you.' So your servant has found courage to offer you this prayer."
Psalm 17:6 (New International Version)
"I call on you, O God, for you will answer me;
give ear to me and hear my prayer."
Ezra 8:23 (New International Version)
"So we fasted and petitioned our God about this, and he answered our prayer."
Lynn

No comments: