Thursday, September 14, 2006

dHave you ever misplaced your...?

Have you ever misplaced your?

-glasses
-car keys
-watch
-important document

In searching for such items we have misplaced, whether it be in drawers, on counters or other areas, when we locate them there is immediate relief!

The Psalmist speaks of allowing God to SEARCH our hearts. Psalm 139:23-24:

"SEARCH me, oh God, and know my heart, try me and know my thoughts and see if there be any wicked way in me." KJV The NASV says: "know my anxious thoughts and see if there be any hurtful way in me." (these may be subtle)

Confess and name those areas He finds. I John 1:9 "If we confess (name them) He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness"

Allow God, the Holy Spirit, to shine His light and SEARCH your heart today...looking in all the "nooks and crannies." Then it's up to you to take action as I John 1:9 tells us.

betsy shoppy

No comments: