Thursday, October 12, 2006

Credentials...

Credentials...

Recently, I have been applying for schools to further my education and each school requires a detailed account of my credentials and accomplishments. I find it difficult to sum up what I have done in a way that really expresses who I am. I have created a rather extensive Resume' to send with each application. All of that got me to thinking about Christ and His Impressive Credentials. I heard a sermon quite some time ago that struck me and I have held on to the outline as a reminder of Who Jesus Was...

Luke 4:31-5:11

1. (vs. 32) Christ believed in what he taught and taught it to others with strength of character and confidence.
2. (vs. 35-37) Christ stood up to the enemy, he was not afraid to face the enemy head on. He did not shy away from conflict or challenges.
3. (vs. 40-41) Christ stooped down to the hurting. He took the time needed to meet the needs of those around him.
4. (vs. 42-44) Christ showed humility of person. He did not promote himself - He only claimed to do what he was sent to do.
5. (vs. 5:1-4) Christ always recognized the potential in others and gave them a new mission and goal in life. (Eph. 1:11-12) Christ sees our Potential and gives us meaning and purpose.

Can you remove the name of Christ and insert your name? Are you an imitator of Christ? Does your resume' resemble Christ's? Wouldn't it be awesome if the next time we need a resume' we could use Christ's credentials in place of ours? Paul lived his life that way... 1 Cor. 11:1 "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ"

LDJ

No comments: