Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Good news!

Good news!

"Mom...Dad, I just can't believe it. Everyone else believes me and takes my advice about cars. I know what I'm talking about...I just can't believe that my own parents won't listen to me!" My son John just can't believe that we wouldn't buy the car that he knows is the best car made and the most reliable.
Good news....when we know that we know that we know! We just don't want to keep it to ourselves. We want to share it! We can't fathom that anyone wouldn't see and believe too! That's how I feel about the Good News, the Gospel. I know that I know that Jesus died for me, transformed my life, and I have eternal life with my Savior now. And I just want to share it with everyone!
Who else but God could have transformed my heart and my life? How can I keep something like that to myself? So I share my faith, my Jesus. Most often I get polite listeners, or "oh yeah I know". It breaks my heart when the Good News is met with coolness, when I'm on fire. Can't they feel the heat? Can't they see how God has changed my life? How could they not want Jesus in their lives too?
There is no way I can hide or would even want to hide my faith. Luke 11:30 says, "No one lights a lamp in a place where it will be hidden or under a bowl. Instead he puts it on its stand so that those who come in may see the light." I pray that even when I don't say a word, my faith will shine through to all I meet. May God always give me courage and determination, to always, and in all ways, share Him with all who come across my path.
Jesus said "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to all creation", Mark 16:15.God calls us to share the Good News to friends, family, strangers, everyone we meet. But even if He didn't command us to .....how could we keep it to yourselves? Are you surprised when you share the Word and how Jesus has transformed your life, and others just don't see what you see and believe what you are sharing with them? I know how sad and even frustrated that makes me, especially with those I love most.
My son John has been telling me for years to stop buying the "junk" cars I buy and buy a Honda. I haven't yet, but I'm thinking my next car will be the one he recommends. Maybe, just maybe, the next time I talk to John about Jesus, his eyes will be open and he will see the Truth of the Good News and believe. Oh how this Mom's heart will rejoice!
Keep sharing your faith, keep sharing the Truth. If you love Him there is no way you can keep it too yourself! Let your light SHINE!

Mary Ann

No comments: