Monday, October 02, 2006

Weeping May Endure For a Night

Weeping May Endure For a Night...Psalms 30:5

It's probably safe to say that most of you reading this Victory Call have experienced a season of life where weeping was the norm. Your days of sorrow seemed multiplied one on top of the other, and you didn't think you could possible bear another one.

And then...the morning came and you realized you could, in fact, face another day. Not only could you face it, but you did face it. Joy came, and with it, a remembering that the grace of God was again sufficient to keep you through the long dark of night.

Such is true of my life these days. Moment by moment, day by day, I am hyper aware of God's sustaining grace in my heart and life. I can't fathom where my life would be without God to turn to now or at any other time.
I wish I could say that falling on my face and crying out to Him, is the first thing I do, but all to often I find myself thinking and fretting first, and then, I have an aha moment. A fresh moment when I remember whose child I am and who my Daddy is. I remember that greater is the Who and What in me than the who or what that is impacting my life, in the world. And guess what happens? Peace! Perfect peace each and every time, floods my mind and heart.

Philippians 4:4-7
"Rejoice in the Lord always and again I will say Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your heart and your minds in Christ Jesus."
If this fact, this promise from the Word, had not been true in my life over and over again, I wouldn't believe it and thus, I couldn't share this truth with any measure of confidence.
There is a power in rejoicing that you only know when it comes. There's an incomprehensible peace that is not realized...until...it is simply there.
Who but God can calm the heart's raging, and quiet the minds ranting? No one and no thing can or will do.
So dear one, through the travailing tears rejoice. Again and again rejoice. Let your mind and heart hear the Psalmist as he penned Psalms 30:4-5:
"Sing praises to the Lord, O you His saints, and give thanks to His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment, and His favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for a night, but joy comes with the morning. (English Standard Version)
All you saints! Sing your hearts out to God! Thank Him to His face! He gets angry once in a while, but across a lifetime there is only love. The nights of crying your eyes out give way to days of laughter." (The Message)
Selah, Selah

Stephanie

No comments: