Friday, October 27, 2006

Garage Sale God

Garage Sale God

Ahh, summer time. So many things are specific to summertime. Yes, that includes a slew of garage sales, yard sales, flea markets, etc... Some of us at Keswick held a sale early in the summer, and I live next to Keswick's perpetual sale ~ the thrift shop.

I see things come and go and often wonder why did they bring us that. Or who's going to want that? It is amazing to watch people find treasures at the thrift shop. I see junk while others see potential and possibilities. Yes, I admit I regularly find my own treasures at the thrift shop.

So, God taught me another lesson this summer... our God is a God of Garage Sales. See while we see things as being trash, or without value... He sees the potential and the treasure in it all. And I'm not talking about material items now, I'm talking about people. I don't know about you but I am so moved when I realize that in us he only sees our potential and our value. He has a plan and purpose for us even when we think of our selves as a potential garage sale item. God has no plan of selling you at a garage sale, but he will purchase you and give you value, hope, and purpose.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

LDJ

No comments: