Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Purpose of Life...

The Purpose of Life...

Ok, so there have been many books on this topic. Maybe I'm just a little more reflective after dealing with recent death's to those I cared about, but whatever the reason ~ here's some brief thoughts on the subject.

I have now started to read a new book by Randy Alcorn called "Heaven" it is the last book read by Dave Shoppy. I am sure some devotional thoughts will come as I read the book, so be prepared. However, as I think about life and the book I realize that truly what life is all about is preparation for heaven.

Life can seem USELESS (Ecc. 1:2-4)
Life seems TIRESOME (Ecc. 1:4-8)
Life can be UNFULFILLING (Ecc. 1:8-10)
Life seems INSIGNIFICANT (Ecc. 1:11)
Life appears to be UNCONTROLLABLE (Ecc. 1:15)

HOWEVER, that's not what life truly is when we know Christ. See Christ adopted us into His family (Eph. 1:4-5) and His purpose is for us to all live together with Him forever (Eph. 1:10)

Life is PREPARATION for Eternity. (Ecc. 3:11)
So, how do I spend my time on earth preparing? First, I must get to know Christ and Grow in Him (John 1:12). Only once I know Him can I do the following:
1. Use my Time in view of Eternity (Col 4:5)
2. Use my Talent in view of Eternity (1 Cor. 6:20)
3. Use my Treasure in view of Eternity (1 Tim 6:18-19)
2 Corinthians 5:10 "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad."
LDJ

No comments: