Thursday, October 19, 2006

Do You Need a Revival?!

Do You Need a Revival?!

Diane and I were talking yesterday and sharing our hearts with one another. In our conversation I told her, "I feel like I am sucked dry." Can any of you relate to what I am talking about?

The picture I used to describe that dryness is a sponge. When my father was in the military years ago, he brought home these flat rectangular shaped objects that had a texture sort of similar to construction paper, only much rougher.

At the time, I had 2 sisters and two brothers, and none of us knew what they were. So my father, completely loving the fact that we were all stumped, took great delight in getting a cup of water and slowing pouring some water on this object. All of our eyes widened with surprise as this thing expanded before our eyes and became a sponge. Who knew, that a sponge could be so flat. Not only was it dry, it was completely dehydrated and compressed.

Now you have a clear picture of what I was describing to Diane. The season of life that I have recently passed through required me to pour out. Not only from any excess I had, but from my inmost pasts. From my deepest part, there was a wrenching that took place. A wrenching, that I am only now becoming aware of.

Therefore, my soul needs a revival!! I'm in desperate need of manna from heaven! Can I get a witness here?
Praise God! Praise God! Praise God for the daily sufficiency of His abiding, enduring, sustaining grace!

Today I pray that God would bring the wonderful mystery that is Him, the fearful majesty that is Him and present Himself to my human spirit/your human spirit for purifying, cleansing and reviving. Sisters may we wait on Him until His presence is with us, until we are consciously aware that He is in our midst. May we want to know Him and be satisfied by Him -TODAY!

Stephanie

No comments: