Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Little Children

Little Children
Mark 10:13-16
People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.
My sister Mina recently called me on the phone and exclaimed "You won't believe this! We have experienced a miracle and you are going to hear it!" I was excited and happy but confused. If anyone needed a miracle in their life, it was my sister, she has gone through many hardships, too many to count. But how was I going to "hear" it over the phone?
Mina's oldest daughter Connie is a very special woman. When she was just a tiny baby she became very ill and as a result suffered brain damage. So although Connie is 48 years old chronologically, mentally she is about 9 or 10 years old.
God has given Connie a beautiful loving spirit. She loves everybody and everyone loves Connie. We all look forward to one of her special hugs. But as much as she loves everyone, she loves Jesus even more. I remember when Mina, Connie and I went to a women's conference at Sandy Cove about 10 years ago. After one of the conference meetings we were outside talking about how we were impacted by the message. Connie couldn't contain herself, she said, "Mommy, Mommy I put my hand up in the air and I felt Jesus come into my hand, down my arm, and into my heart!" We were so excited, WOW, we wished we could have had "felt" Jesus that way too. "Let the little children come to me...."
Well back to the miracle....
Connie has always loved music and especially " 'ligious" (contemporary Christian) music. Connie's sister bought her a keyboard about a month ago, the kind that has keys light up, you press the keys and you "play" a song. Connie was having fun with it. One day after a few short weeks, Connie told her Mom that God spoke to her. "You don't need the lights anymore. I will guide your hands." So she turned the lights off and she began to play "Amazing Grace"!!! That is the miracle I heard over the phone that day, Connie beautifully playing "Amazing Grace". I cried, I laughed! She could play any of the songs she had heard - just like she had been playing them for years! I can't wait to see Connie face to face and hear her miracle in person. "Let the little children come to me".....
Oh to have the heart of a child! To be so innocent and free from the worlds trappings to hear our Fathers voice so clearly! Jesus said we need to come to Him as with a heart of child. Why do we get ourselves so bound up with "stuff" that we block out the voice of God?
My prayer for you and me is that we strip away all the "stuff" (the worries, problems, doubts, stress, whatever) that stands in the way of us hearing God's voice so that we too could hear His words, "Let go, I will guide you." Glory to God!
"Let the little children come to me......"
Mary Ann

No comments: