Thursday, October 05, 2006

Today She heard the TRUTH

Today She heard the TRUTH

What an awesome privilege it is to tell someone the truth about Jesus, His Power, His Love, His Forgiveness and the Victory! A woman in her late twenties came in to Keswick today hoping that we were an addiction recovery center for women. She had a beautiful face but fear in her eyes and not much skin on her bones. As soon as I laid eyes on her I wanted to help her. Now that doesn't always happen with such a burden and with good reason. I am not a counselor and can only go so far as to give advice on such matters. That is not my role here. So I had first tried to contact one of the ladies on staff who are in that role, but no one was available. The Lord spoke to my heart and said, no, but you are available. I may not be a professional counselor but I am a minister of Christ and that is my role everywhere. It was interesting to say the least, she was very open and told me she was addicted to pain meds from and auto accident and that she was also involved in using other drugs. I began by telling her that I was really glad she came and I explained what Keswick is and what it is not. The Lord opened the door for me to share with her a brief part of my testimony and the door that He used for me to enter was the lies she had bought into about Him. She believed in all gods and had respect for all beliefs in all gods. She also believed that god could not be and I quote; "experienced through the five senses", taste, sight, touch, smell or hearing. I explained that with all due respect to her as a person that none of what she just told me had any shred of truth to it at all. And that in fact she was looking at living proof of God's existence in me and that was the opening to share about His saving grace in my life. I also told her of the truth that He can be experienced in every sense! But most of all the fact that he was the word made flesh and as I tugged at the skin on my arm I told her that he was as real as I was standing before her when He took on flesh and became man. She had a wide mouth and was quiet. I g!
ave her
the practical help she needed for her addiction by referrals etc... and then I asked if she would like me to pray with her, and she said yes and also shared that she often watched two very popular pastors on TV and had prayed "the prayer" many times but nothing ever happened! I told her I believed something was happening and that God was at work in her life. I prayed with her and for her in Jesus name the one and only God that ever was and ever will be. I left her with this truth; I knew without any doubt that God could heal her of her addictions and give her victory over sin in her life.
John 1:14; The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Isaiah 45: 21-22; And there is no other God besides Me, a just God and a Savior, there is no other.
John 10:30; I and My Father are One.
Dina

No comments: