Friday, July 11, 2008

Different ... and Okay With God

Different...and Okay with God

I love, absolutely love, how God has made us all so different! More and more each day I am learning to appreciate those different talents, abilites, gifts, character traits and personalities in other people, and in myself. I'm often amazed and humbled (ok, and sometimes envious) by the gifts in others, the things they are able to do with seemingly little effort.

Take my friend/sista/boss for example: she's a person with vision and a passion for living to the glory of God. To watch her stand before a room full to the brim of people (or even a small group) is to observe this passion in motion. It's not just what she may be saying, it's also how. There is poise and confidence that, at present, I can only hope for. There is a freedom to be herself, to the glory of God, and do what she is called to do that is not often hindered by the fear of man. People will, and do, think...whatever, and she keeps on going, accepting herself the way God has made her, knowing she is okay with Him, fully persuaded that it is well with her soul!

When I first came here, I tried to be like her until I realized, I didn't have to be. Warts and all, I was okay. I am not her - I am different, and God is cool with it. The work He is doing in my life is the same as in hers but it does, and will, look different.In fact, the work He is doing in all of our lives is the same. He is working in us "to will and to do His good pleasure." It does not, and will not, look like anything other than who He is molding and shaping us to be, in accordance with His divine nature AND in spite of who we would naturally be in our sinful flesh. He takes all the treasure He deposited in us in our mother's womb and does something good. He makes something precious and beautiful.It's a wonderful thought to know and believe that God has made us all in His own image and likeness and He is fully aware that we are not all the same. WE ARE DIFFERENT! - Different shapes, tones and shades of color; all assortments of styles and variations of interest existing within our own particular earthsuit. And it's okay! Sistas, there is a huge freedom to be found in Christ and in accepting the "different" that you are in Him as He IS in you. As you and I walk the walk, may we deliberately and willingly embrace the investment He has deposited in us and be all that we can be for His glory!! Allow your own unigue differences - your talents, abilities and gifts -- to accomplish His great work!!

Think: "Each of us is an important specially crafted tool that God wants to use to accomplish a specific work of His good pleasure. Be sure you know your gifts and then be looking for His use for you!"1Remember: "...for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure...holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain." ~~Philippians 2:13, 16 Stephanie Paul is Director of Addiction Recovery Ministries for Women at America's KESWICK
http://logosresourcepages.org/Believers/good_works.htm

No comments: