Thursday, July 31, 2008

When You're in Love It Shows

WHEN YOU'RE IN LOVE IT SHOWS

On our recent Spring Ladies' Day, apparently the look on my face was not one of joy or happiness. I was walking over to the Activity Center, and Bill Welte was at the Front Door greeting people as they arrived. As I walked up to him, he opened the door for me, and in his inimitable way, said, "Smile!" I was startled, and said something offhand to him and went in. But the thought of that brief encounter kept coming back to me the entire day - and many times since then.

I remember dating a guy for a number of years and being very much in love with him. It didn't "work out," but on various levels I still love him. And when I think of past times together, or even think of him now (although he lives in Florida these days), I smile. Then, and now, because I loved John, the very thought of him made me smile.If, on the human plane, love makes me smile, how much more should my love for God not light up my face - have me grinning from ear to ear?

But, obviously my love for my Lord was not uppermost in my thoughts that day in May when Bill challenged me to smile. We, as a group of ladies, were about to be encouraged by our speaker to embrace all that God has to offer us - His wonderful salvation, His amazing plan for our lives, and His boundless love. Any one of which - and taken together - should have brought a smile to my face. "Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God." (Psalm 146:5) But, sad to say, that was not the case that morning.

Now, I don't think the actual word "smile" is found in Scripture, but the words "joy," "happy," "gladness," and "laughter," to name a few, are all there. And WHEN I am happy and glad, I generally have a smile on my face. So, ladies, I say to you and to myself, smile like you are head over heels in love with your Savior. Let your - and my love - for Him show on our faces to everyone we meet, because when you are in love, it makes you smile. Lynn Randall - is Director Human Resources at America's KESWICK

No comments: