Monday, July 28, 2008

Sex and the City

Sex & the City

Last night I found myself glued to the TV channel that was reporting on the red carpet premiere of the movie, in where else? NYC! So...what was I doing watching this? I wanted to see what everyone was wearing! That's right, the Prada, the Calvin Klein, it got me...I admit it! Then something else got me. The announcer said: "You should see NYC. The streets are crammed with people, the crowd is six blocks long!" All waiting to catch a glimpse of the stars, those in the film and those going to the premier.

This was almost as big as Oscar Night! I must confess this, too; I enjoy seeing people all dressed up and looking great. It's fun. But I also must confess I often wonder what's inside. What's inside their head? What's going on in their life? What are they thinking? Kimora-maybe you've heard of her? The woman has a gold toilet seat and the bowl itself is Italian marble! I say we melt that seat down and go feed some of the folks Homeless in the City! Don't misunderstand. I have no problem with her being a billionaire, but I got sucked into that show, too.

How else would I know about the toilet? Oh, sure at first it was just the commercial, then it was the first five minutes, then it was the whole show. I/we can be easily distracted and lured into discontent. So let me name it. It's called envy and covetousness. My point- finally! Before I/we get ready to throw the first stone, we'd do well to recall the rest of what Jesus said; "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Can I really say I'm past admiring the riches of this world? No.Lord give me the victory in that, not that I can't look or appreciate but keep me from crossing the fine line of envy, covetousness and discontent. And, Lord, when that temptation does come, help me to put on thankfulness, contentment and truth. For I am the daughter of a KING who owns the cattle on a thousand hills... You make the sun to shine on the righteous and the unrighteous. For what can the enemy lay before my eyes that is of more worth than the gift of eternal life You have freely given me and offer to all who would believe?

Something to think about: What have you set your eyes on that is better than what His hand has given?"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16 -- Dina Seaton serves on staff in marketing and also as a staff writer and speaker. She is the mother of one son, John, who is 13 years old. She is currently working on completing her first book, "Do It Again LORD...Do It Again!", a collection of interviews that will excite your faith.

No comments: