Friday, March 12, 2010

Deeper Into Psalm 40:1-5

I waited patiently for the LORD; He inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD. Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie! You have multiplied, O LORD my God, Your wondrous deeds and Your thoughts toward us; none can compare with You! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told.

Points to Ponder and Apply:
The Lord of heaven inclines to hear, to draw up and out, to secure our steps!! Vital to you and me experiencing the Lord of heaven in this way is PATIENCE. Those first three words, "I waited patiently" speak volumes to us who live in a microwave culture. Most of us do not a have crockpot understanding of waiting and therefore we miss so many blessings. We miss the sight of His wondrous deeds and therefore we can not/do not tell of them.

One thing we can always be sure of in waiting on the Lord is this: it is never ever done in vain. He stoops to hear our cries and our moans in the same way He stooped to hear the cries of His Son upon the cross.

"What angels longed to see now man has found,
Wayward sons come home without a fear,
God and man at table are sat down."1

Today, let us make the Lord our trust. Let us not turn to the proud to endorse our sin. Let us proclaim to the world with a song of praise, the goodness and kindness of our God and King!!

Stephanie

1 http://jennyo.wordpress.com/2006/09/11/god-and-man-at-table-are-sat-down/

No comments: