Monday, March 08, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER PSALM 40:1-5

The Psalms are wonderfully soothing and encouraging. I don't think there is anyone who can't find him/herself somewhere amongst the 150 Psalms recorded in our Cannon.

What are you sacrificing so that you are able to be memorizing Scripture each week? With some thought and intention, everyone can find 15 minutes here and there throughout the week to commit God's Word to their heart and mind.

I must apologize for such boldness since before Bill challenged our staff; I rarely spent much time memorizing Scripture. Why? Truth be told, I knew it is vital, but failed to live as if I really believed it.

Come join us on our journey of DIGGING DEEPER into God's Word, but you better hold on because we're in for an adventure.

Psalm 40
1I waited patiently for the LORD;
he inclined to me and heard my cry.
2He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure.
3He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and put their trust in the LORD.
4Blessed is the man who makes
the LORD his trust,
who does not turn to the proud,
to those who go astray after a lie!
5You have multiplied, O LORD my God,
your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us;
none can compare with you!
I will proclaim and tell of them,
yet they are more than can be told.

Commentary:
Doubts and fears about the eternal state, are a horrible pit and miry clay, and have been so to many a dear child of God. There is power enough in God to help the weakest, and grace enough to help the unworthiest of all that trust in him. The psalmist waited patiently; he continued believing, hoping, and praying.[Matthew Henry Concise Edition-Copyright 2000-2009 BibleClassics.com accessed 2/11/10]

No comments: