Thursday, March 11, 2010

How Desperate Are You?

Proverbs 2:1-5, My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.

Do you desire to be wise? Do you seek to know God's will for your day? Do you perceive that you lack understanding? Proverbs 2 gives insight as to the evidence of an earnest heart.

Be encouraged - God desires that you know Him - personally, intimately- He is knowable.

1. Receive My words - are you immersing yourself in the written Word? If we truly believe that the Bible is God's Word-exhaled from His mouth- why do we dabble?

2. Treasure up my commandment with you... Are you on a steady diet of Scripture memorization? I must admit that prior to Bill's challenge to the KESWICK staff, I was a memorization wimp. I rarely spent devoted time memorizing God's Word, to my detriment.

3. Make your ear attentive to wisdom and incline your heart to understanding...are you fully engaged in your Bible reading? Alert, attentive, inclined with open ears and heart to hear God, and embrace the treasures embedded in His Word?

4. Seek it like silver, search as for hidden treasures... are you exercising due diligence? Do you have an eager spirit? Are you persevering? Do you approach God's Word with anticipation?

5. Then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.


How desperate are you to know and fear God?

Diane

DIGGING DEEPER

Psalm 40:5
5You have multiplied, O LORD my God,
your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us;
none can compare with you!
I will proclaim and tell of them,
yet they are more than can be told.

No comments: