Monday, March 01, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER - PSALM 37:23-26

I hope our focus on Scripture reading and memorizing is blessing your heart. It is blessing ours. I know some of you are jumping in now - fantastic. It's never too late to begin such a worthy journey. We would love to hear from you as we go along as to how God is blessing you. Please share.

My husband caught me off guard one night at my parents' dinner table by encouraging me to share the Psalm I was memorizing with Mom and Dad! Yikes. I did it with some stammering and hesitation, but I did it. The next day Mom reminded me to be practicing my memorization! Just like my school days.

It's been wonderful; why not join us? This week's Scripture is:

Psalm 37:23-26
23The steps of a man are established by the LORD,
when he delights in his way;
24 though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong,
for the LORD upholds his hand.
25I have been young, and now am old,
yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken
or his children begging for bread.
26He is ever lending generously,
and his children become a blessing.

Commentary:
This Psalm is written by David in his old age. He has seen many years, trials, difficulties, and victories. Yet, He clearly appreciates the trustworthiness and faithfulness of God. He knows from personal experience. As you age, whether you are 20 or 70, are you mindful of the trustworthiness and faithfulness of God?

No comments: