Monday, July 12, 2010

Digging Deeper Psalm 101:6-8

In his book, "The Treasury of David," Charles Spurgeon calls this Psalm of David, "The Psalm of Pious Resolution." He says, "This is such a Psalm as the man after God's own heart would compose when he was about to become king of Israel. It is David all over, straight forward, resolute, devout; there is no trace of policy or vacillation, - the Lord has appointed him to be king, and he knows it, therefore he purposes in all things to behave as becomes a monarch whom the Lord Himself has chosen."1

As you read, meditate, memorize and reread this Psalm this week, consider your own resolutions. As we are daughters of the King we, too, ought to purpose in all things to behave in such a way that is becoming of one who is chosen.

6. My eyes shall be on the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me; He who walks in a perfect way, He shall serve me.

7. He who works deceit shall not dwell within my house;He who tells lies shall not continue in my presence.

8. Early I will destroy all the wicked of the land,That I may cut off all the evildoers from the city of the LORD.


1 The Treasury of David Volume II, page 239

No comments: