Thursday, July 08, 2010

What Are You Waiting For?


Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah." While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!" Matthew 17:4-5 NKJV

Some time ago, I'm ashamed to say, the Lord spoke to my heart very clearly about something He wanted me to do. He said; "I want you to learn how to speak Italian." I asked Him, "Why?" He didn't answer. I prayed about it and asked the Lord a few more questions... "Lord, how do I do this, do you want me to take classes...go on the Internet...I have no money for either...what do you want me to do?" I prayed for Him to show me the way and to pay my way, as He always does anyway! It should come as no surprise that He did both. I began to use the program and even learned a few words. It wasn't long though before my enthusiasm gave way to discouragement. I decided it was time I asked the Lord a few more questions. "Lord, I know You want me to learn this, but as I understand it, once you learn a language you need to use it, if not you'll lose it. I have no one to speak it to and I don't understand why You would...." While I was still speaking, He interrupted me and said; "I would not have told you to learn it if I wasn't going to give you someone to speak it to."

OH! OK! So there's a plan! Great, I like plans! I decided to share with my brother-in-law, Sal, (who was born and raised in Sicily) that I was learning Italian. I even asked if he'd help me with it from time to time. I thought it could be an opportunity to share Christ with him again. I wanted to also get an Italian language Bible we could read from. Recently, Sal had a severe stroke. I went to visit him in the hospital. I kept wondering what I could say at this point to share Christ with him. Holding his hand, and speaking close to him so I could hear what he was saying, I prayed, "Lord, what do I say?" I looked down and his hospital band had the words written on it... SPEAK UP. So I did. I know he heard and understood me and I pray he spoke up to God. I never did get the Bible or follow through with my request for Sal's help. I kept putting off what I should do today, until tomorrow.

Today, our beloved Sal, passed away. There will be no more tomorrows to study Italian with him. Tomorrow we will have a funeral.

Today, I dusted off my language program and by God's grace will begin again to do what He told me to do and stop asking so many questions. He can be trusted for further instructions. Is there something you've put off, someone maybe? What are you waiting for?

Dina Seaton
Marketing Assistant, Staff Writer
America's KESWICK

DIGGING DEEPER
4 A perverse heart shall be far from me;
I will know nothing of evil.
5 Whoever slanders his neighbor secretly
I will destroy.
Whoever has a haughty look and an arrogant heart
I will not endure.
Have you made your summer reservations? PLEASE pick up the phone and call today. 732-350-1187 or 1-800-453-7942.

No comments: