Monday, July 05, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER

Psalm 101:1-5

We have passed the half way mark. If you have been memorizing each week's passage you have added 159 verses to your arsenal. Perhaps memorizing an entire passage is overwhelming. Why not select one, just one, from this week's selection. I would love to hear how God is using these Digging Deeper verses to bless your heart. I have heard from some of you, but I know there are a LOT more of you out there.

1 I will sing of steadfast love and justice;
to you, O LORD, I will make music.
2 I will ponder the way that is blameless.
Oh when will you come to me?
I will walk with integrity of heart
within my house;
3 I will not set before my eyes
anything that is worthless.
I hate the work of those who fall away;
it shall not cling to me.
4 A perverse heart shall be far from me;
I will know nothing of evil.
5 Whoever slanders his neighbor secretly
I will destroy.
Whoever has a haughty look and an arrogant heart
I will not endure.

Have you noticed the recurring theme in our weekly verses? The steadfast love of God is recounted over and over and over. Sooner or later we will let it sink in. God's love for us is eternal, unwavering, steadfast. He loves you. You can not do anything that will change His mind about you. That kind of love is, well, nothing short of remarkable. Tarry there a moment. Consider His steadfast love for YOU!!

Diane

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery Ministries and Acting Director of Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 25 years. She has 2 children, 2+ grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

No comments: