Friday, July 16, 2010

Digging Deeper Psalm 101:6-8

Points to Ponder

My eyes shall be on the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me; He who walks in a perfect way, He shall serve me. He who works deceit shall not dwell within my house; He who tells lies shall not continue in my presence. Early I will destroy all the wicked of the land, That I may cut off all the evildoers from the city of the LORD.

In this Psalm David's eyes are on the faithful of the land. "He would seek them out, engage their services, take care of them, and promote them to honor....Those who are not faithful to God will not be likely to be faithful to men; if we are faithful ourselves, we shall not care to have those about us who cannot speak the truth or fulfill their promises; we shall not be satisfied until all the members of our family are upright in character."1

What came to mind as I read this today was me, as an employee, a servant working for the Lord at Americas KESWICK. Without a doubt, I know I am here because the Lord brought me here to work and serve for His Kingdom purposes. So, as I pause and consider this, the questions which come to mind, and which we all, regardless of where we work and serve can ponder are:
Am I faithful? Do I keep my word, my promises? Is my character and conduct pleasing in the sight of the Lord?

Whatever work you are involved in may we be bent away from anything that would spoil or tarnish or diminish the reputation of our Savior King, Jesus!!

1 The Treasury of David Volume II, page 241

No comments: