Thursday, July 29, 2010

He Acts For Those Who Wait

Isaiah 64:4 From of old no one has heard
or perceived by the ear,
no eye has seen a God besides you,
who acts for those who wait for him.


A not-so-subtle reminder today of God's care and provision for each of us.
How often do we run ahead of God trying this way and that to make things work out?

Oh, sister, I shudder to think how many times I've taken things into my own hands and missed the opportunity to be wowed by the hand of God.

I can think of several occasions when I chose to wait past the 9th, 10th and even 11th hour believing God would indeed act on my behalf - and indeed He did in amazing, unexpected ways. I wish I could say this is my norm, but alas it is not.

Admittedly, it seems to be a fine line between waiting for God in faith, and doing all that is up to me to do. All too often people say "but God gave us a brain to figure it out." That thinking will stomp all over a walk of faith.

I am not suggesting or encouraging laziness - the walk of a believer is by no means passive. Waiting for God is heart attitude of rest, peace, trust and faith, believing God will act on our behalf in His perfect time.

Diane

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery Ministries and Acting Director of Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 25 years. She has 2 children, 2+ grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

No comments: