Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Are You Being Fed?

The lips of the righteous feed many... Prov. 10:21

What kind of "food" have you been eating lately?
I have been richly "fed" by words that I've been hearing lately.

There was a time in my life when I was longing for friends. A good friend of mine left for the mission field and I felt alone. Time of adjustment. She came home on furlow and I remember her asking me who I was hanging with now. And I didn't have an answer.

But OVER TIME God has seen fit to open my world to numerous friends that have
truely been blessings to me. I must say that technology has helped with this! However, there
is nothing like being able to SIT in the presence of a sister in Christ and be "fed" by her
words.

I recently sent this verse to a friend and told her that I have been "fed" by her lips and she
in turn told me that I don't serve up a bad meal myself! LOL!

Lately, I've found myself in conversations about Scripture and what God has been teaching
me and others. My soul has been "fed"!

How is your soul? Are you being "fed" by the company you keep? Are you longing for
fellowship? Sometimes God wants just you, so He allows you to be alone, to get your attention.
And there are times when He wants you to be "fed" by others and you in turn feed them..

There is nothing like speaking the wonders of God with other sisters in the LORD! It's a
little "taste" of heaven!! May your words today "feed" many.

Sue Mercer
WOC Graduate

DIGGING DEEPER
Psalm 139
7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!

1 comment:

Sue said...

So true, I find that it is I who walks away from the food that Jesus provides. Which as I go seeking those friends the only thing I really want is to come back to sit at Jesus feet like Mary did. As Luke 15:4-7 brings out Jesus gently comes to seek me and carry me back to the flock. This is a precious picture for me to continue in the struggle and not give up because we have a God who loves and forgives over and over>