Wednesday, September 08, 2010

God-Fearing

Isaiah 29:13 ...and their fear of me is a commandment taught by men...

One night a few weeks ago, I attended TNT (Text and Testimony) - which is our Wednesday evening service for the Colony men and guests. It is a precious time when the men have opportunity to share a text of Scripture and a testimony of what God has been doing in their lives. This particular evening, one of the men stood up and said, "I want to be a God-fearing man" which raised the question in my own mind. "Am I a God-fearing woman?" Really? Do I fear God? Or is it more an effort on my part to comply because I know I should rather than a true, biblical heart perspective that results in a genuine - holy - inspired fear of God? Let me answer my own question - I confess I am guilty of the former - compliance. My fear of God is more a commandment of men rather than an overflow of a sincere heart. Though I desire and yearn for a righteous fear of God, I am not there yet. How about you? Are you a God-fearing woman?

Diane

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery Ministries and Director of Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 25 years. She has 2 children, 2+ grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

DIGGING DEEPER
Psalm 139
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.

No comments: