Monday, September 20, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER Psalm 139:13-16

I remember clearly when I was pregnant with my son, Jake. I was having an ultrasound and the doctor said, "Mrs. Hunt, you are 17 1/2 weeks pregnant." My first reaction was to be amazed at the evidence of God. They did not tell me I was 17 weeks or 18 weeks but 17 1/2. That is how precise God's design is. Our daughter is expecting her 3 child right now and we pray often this prayer for our newest grandson as God knits him together in secret.

This week's meditation is a continuation of Psalm 139 Vs. 13-16
13For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

COMMENTARY: "God was active as the unformed substance (embryo) grew and developed; indeed he is the one who formed my inward parts and knitted me together. God saw him and even had written in his book, every one of ...the days that were formed for me. The worshiper realizes that even before his mother knew she was pregnant, the Lord was already showing his care for him. His personal life began in the womb..., and God had already laid out its course." [ESV Study Bible notes: pg. 1116]

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery and Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 25 years. She has 2 children, 2+ grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

No comments: