Monday, September 06, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER Psalm 139:1-6

This is the first week of 5 weeks where we will be considering and meditating on Psalm 139. Are you being blessed by meditating on Scripture? Have you been memorizing along with us? Let me encourage you to pick a verse or two that specifically speak to your heart and allow it to sink deeply into your spirit. "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly" (Colossians 3:16) Let it touch you in the innermost part of your spirit. Breathe deeply.

1 O LORD, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.

Commentary:"This intensely personal, Davidic psalm expresses the psalmist's awe that God knew him, even to the minutest detail. David might have remembered the Lord's words, 'the Lord looks a the heart' (1 Sam. 16:7). The exact occasion is unknown. I. God's Omniscience (139:1-6) II. God's Omnipresence (139:7-12) III. God's Ominpotence (139:13-18)IV. David's Obedience (139:19-24)" [The MacArthur Bible Commentary: John MacArthur].

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery Ministries and Director of Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 25 years. She has 2 children, 2+ grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

No comments: