Friday, September 17, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER Psalm 139:7-12

7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,"
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.

Points to ponder: Ever feel all alone? Like no one understands or cares? Like you could fall off the boat and no one would yell, "woman overboard?" My sister, God never, never, ever takes His eyes off you. And better than that, you are never, ever, ever out of His presence. There is no place you can go that would remove you from His presence. In the darkest dark, He sees you. In the fiercest storm, He sees you. In the deepest pit, He sees you. In the latest hour, He sees you. On the coldest night, He sees you. In the busiest room, He sees you. In the middle of the night, He sees you. You notice that the verse says "even there your hand shall lead me." He doesn't just see you, He's with you, close enough to hold your hand. He is your Environment. Praise be to the Lord.

Love ya,
Diane

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery Ministries and Director of Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 25 years. She has 2 children, 2+ grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

No comments: